The Knight’s Courtship (Harlequin Historical)
The Knight's Courtship (Harlequin Historical)
The knave and the lady Quiet and studious, Lady Ivy Rutherford is content merely to observe the intrigues and scandals of Queen Eleanor's glittering court. But then the Queen insists that Ivy would be the ideal mentor for notorious heartbreaker Roger Stancliff. Her duty? To transform the arrant knave into a courtly knight. A simple task for such a proper lady!
But in the sultry castle grounds just who is educating whom? Chaste, courtly love seems much less appealing than losing herself in the passion of Roger's arms...
List Price: $ 5.50
Price: $ 0.01
Ancient Near East: Historical Sources in Translation(Blackwell Sourcebooks in Ancient History)
This book presents new translations of Mesopotamian and ancient Near Eastern historiographic texts, providing the reader with the primary sources for the history of the ancient Near East.
- A primary source book presenting new translations of Mesopotamian and ancient Near Eastern historiographic texts, and other related materials.
- Helps readers to understand the historical context of the Near East.
- Covers the period from the earliest historical and literary texts (c.2700 B.C.) to the latest Hellenistic historians who comment on ancient Near Eastern history (c.250 B.C.)
- Texts range from the code of Hammurabi to the Assyrian royal inscriptions.
- A detailed commentary is provided on each text, placing it in its historical and cultural context.
- Maps, illustrations and a chronological table help to orientate the reader.
List Price: $ 54.95
Price: $ 36.06